Table 6: Carotid paragangliomas (CPG) related tosyndromes and diseases.
• Associations very infrequent, but situations do exist. Need for more knowledge.
• Associations of complex etiopathogenesis. Not fully clarified.
• Lack of specific diagnostic and therapeutic protocols.
• Search for tumours of various kinds, synchronous and metachronous.
• Functional situations (catecholamine secretion) and malignancy situations.
Diagnostic and therapeutic strategy (some aspects)
• Individualise therapeutic priorities: functional tumours?
• Interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Follow-up throughout life (metachronous tumours).
• Variable prognosis. There are situations of malignancy.